Thursday, October 21, 2010

Back to Basics-3, The Round-Up

Here's the Back to Basics round-up that I hosted for Desi Soccer Mom, its creator. Please tell me if I've missed out on any entries that have been sent to me.

Jaya of Spice & Curry tells us how to make home-made mustard powder, and how to use it too!

Swathi of Zesty South Indian Kitchen lets us in on her recipe for rasam.

Hema of Salt to Taste gives us a recipe for another staple popular in some parts of the South.

I haven't made anything basic for this event, even though I am the host, but I'm directing you to this more than four-years-old post of mine on how to make flavoured ghee. That's what I intended to republish anyway.



4 comments:

  1. Sra,
    I almost forgot about it till SS came to my entry post and commented on that ..Thanks for hosting this event..Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about this event. I do have in draft few basic... I will try to catch up with the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great round-up! I'm actually really glad you linked back to the paneer because I've always wanted to learn how to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great roundup Sra. I forgot my own rules. Did not realize till I read the roundup that I could have sent some of my old entrees. Do you think it is time to put B2B to bed?

    ReplyDelete

I moderate all my comments. So if you're a human spammer or a bot that can understand this warning, buzz off, don't waste your time here spamming.