Monday, November 02, 2009

My Legume Love Affair - 17


This month, I will host My Legume Love Affair. As many of you know, this is a well-known-in-the-blog-world, bean-centric event, created by Susan of The Well-Seasoned Cook.

Here's what Susan has to say about the event: "For those new to the event, your choice of recipes is very broad. As much as legumes are most commonly known as fresh or dried beans, peas, lentils and pulses, they are also the sometimes edible pods that contain these seeds. Add to the list alfalfa, fenugreek, peanuts, carob, tamarind and other members of the Fabaceae or Leguminosae family, as well as derivatives such as tofu, and you'll have a hard time focusing on just one. All courses and cuisines are welcome, as long as legumes are the dominant ingredient. (Please note: In France, vegetables of all sorts are known as légumes, and are not included in this event.)

To participate, please:

Post a new recipe or a newly posted one from your archives, linking to this announcement, as well as Susan's announcement here with the following details to me [srablogATgmailDOTcom] by November 30 although I will accept late entries if the round-up is not yet posted:

Please say MLLA-17 in the Subject field of your e-mail

The details I need are these:

Name

Blog Name

Name and URL of Your Recipe Post

Location: Optional

Photo: 400 wide

~~~~~

Use of the logo is optional. Participants can send in more than one recipe per cook as well as those submitted to other events. Those who do not blog are also welcome to join and will be included in the random drawing. Friends and family of hosts are not eligible to win.

Prizes:

1) Susan is offering Beard on Bread, as the prize for the lucky one in the random drawing. She will ship it worldwide.

2) Another prize is the Hurst Bean Box - A case of six bags of your choice of Hurst Bean products, suitable for every diet, generously provided by Hurst Bean. (Due to shipping restrictions, this prize can only be awarded if the winner is a US resident.)

I expect to have the round-up online in the first week of December.

17 comments:

  1. I will try. I will try. I can make stuff without burning it. Hmm. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are not a lot of events I participate but this one I always try to send something to. Plus, I love your roundup and I know exactly what I wanna send. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two recipes in draft, right timing Sra. I will send mine soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to it!
    Lori Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. will try to send in somethin,.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just sent my contribution..do acknowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...I just sent you my entry...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Tofu has been send your way ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just dropped in my second entry ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just sent you my submission. This is always one of my very favorite events!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! sra
    Great Blog. Nice Event. already wrapped a post to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to participating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://teczcape.blogspot.com/2009/11/mushy-fava-broad-beans-with-green.html

    I've just entered!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!!! whenmysoupcamealive.blogspot.com is one of the most excellent innovative websites of its kind. I take advantage of reading it every day. I will be back.

    ReplyDelete

I moderate all my comments. So if you're a human spammer or a bot that can understand this warning, buzz off, don't waste your time here spamming.